Photoshop is one the most proficient image editing and graphics designing software. It provides numerous tools to make and shape the images as per our requisites. Today, we see the website or the business worth well with the image and video presentations and PS helps to make it possible depending upon our skills and hands on practices.
Today’s topic is how we can create transparent blur effect in photoshop, so below are the steps that need to be taken for the same:
- Open a new file to create your transparent blur effect image, I created 1000×1000 dimension blank layer. You may name it a transparent blur function and save.
2. Apply a background image by copying and pasting on the same layer.
3. Select the image layer and go to layer menu to create a duplicate layer. You can do this by pressing cntrl+J as well.
4. Select the duplicate layer and go to filter menu to select blur-> Gaussian Blur..
This will blur the layer and will display a prompt dialogue to select the radios. You may vary the value of radios as per your choice.
5. Make the blur image invisible by clicking on the “eye” beside the layer.
6. Select the first image layer again and draw a rectangle box.
I created something like below:
7. Select the blur image layer (it will go visible automatically) and press cntrl+G.
This will show up something like below:
8. Now double click the rectangle mask to open blending options and check the inner glow.
it will show up like this:
9. You can now write anything on the created transparent blur mask.
What I have written is as below:
So, All Done for now!